Continuing with the Thanksgiving theme, I am especially thankful for laughter in whatever form it comes. I tend to find humor in just about everything, so here are a few giggly moments as of late:
- As I was entering the freeway this morning a black Mercedes whipped past me (imagine that – a sporty black Mercedes whipping past my PT Cruiser ;)) I was about to grumble when I saw their license plate which read “YO MAMA.” I laughed out loud and wanted to thank the person instead.
- My preschool class consists mostly of girls. As one of my little boys was leaving yesterday the girls surrounded him with a group hug – too bad he’s too small to really appreciate this! My co-teacher remarked to his dad that he was a “real chick magnet” to which one of my 4 year old girls replied, “Yup, he’s a real chick maggot.” Nice!
- Jonah says to Jason, “Daddy if you are really, really good Ho Ho will bring you a car for Christmas.” I think I saw Jason seriously consider starting to believe in Santa again.
- A parent of one of my students walked up just as I was saying to another teacher, “Yeah, I think it must have been especially potent puke.” The look on his face was priceless!
- Last week’s episode of The Office – Michael pays $500 for a Ziploc baggie of Caprice salad in hopes of framing Toby for alleged drug use. A must-see!
- New Kids on the Block performing at the AMA’s. It was funny and sad. It’s just not the same, not the same at all.
- Me trying to eat a pomegranate earlier this week. I bought them on a whim at Wal-Mart thinking, “I like these, why don’t I eat them more often?” Then I sat down to eat one and quickly remembered why I don’t eat them too often – because by the time I had worked my way through half of one, I looked like I’d maimed someone or something.
- Kung-Fu Panda. We rented it last weekend, and it was a scream! My favorite line – “There will be no charge for awesomeness.”
Laugh a little!