So it’s the end to another weekend. It’s been a good one . . . sort of productive. To wrap up the week(end) here are some random thoughts for your reading enjoyment:
- I bought a jar of Vlasic baby dills on Friday afternoon. They’re gone. That’s right; I ate them all – pretty much by myself. Hey, they’re a vegetable. Jonah had a couple, and actually liked them. When he realized the pickle jar was empty last night his response was, “Mama! You and the baby ate all the pickles! That’s not nice! You can’t eat all the pickles?!” Wanna bet? 🙂
- Watching the Olympic girls gymnastics is very tense for me. I get so nervous for them. I love their coach Marta Karoli because she seems so encouraging with all of her kisses and hugs. Like a gymnastic grandma.
- I ate chorizo for dinner and my stomach feels fine. I don’t get how I can get queasy from a green bean but can handle ultra spicy chorizo. My kid is a hot tamale!
- Just for fun, we went to some baby stores to look at baby “stuff” this weekend. The verdict? I refuse to spend more on a crib than a freaking living room set or a king size bed. I mean, really? And micro-fleece plush changing table covers? You clean off poop there. Poop. Do poop and pink micro fleece mix? Nope, they sure don’t. Also, $300 for crib bedding which every pediatrician and baby magazine on the planet says is a suffocation hazard?! I just don’t get it. Sorry to sound like a negative Nelly, but I felt a little insulted that these stores would charge such ridiculous prices on baby stuff. No thanks; I’ll stick with Target and Craigslist.
- My husband rocks. He’s rubbed my feet, gotten me ice cream, held my purse while I ran to the bathroom for the umpteenth time, and smiled all the while. He knows how to take care of a preggo all right. 🙂