Jason’s office is having yet another celebration requiring food (note the jealous overtones), and I decided to use the opportunity to flex my culinary muscles. Okay, so this recipe doesn’t require much flexing, just good taste buds and chopping skills.
What better to bring to the office for a birthday celebration than chips and salsa? Oh not just any salsa friends; Pace will not do! He needed something hot and savory. The homemade stuff.
So since I love you all so much, I decided to share my beloved salsa recipe. I just realized that I have never actually written it down! Enjoy . . . or Ole!
Crystal’s Bag o’ Chips Salsa
(cause it’s so yummy you’ll want to eat the entire bag!)
- 2 good sized vine-ripe tomatoes (if you can get em’ fresh – all the better!) diced
- 1 medium yellow onion – diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic (I use the jarred kind)
- salt to taste
- ground cayenne pepper -adjust for heat level
- lime juice
- fresh cilantro ( 1/2 palmful – too much will produce a soapy taste)
- half of one small jalepeno, chopped
- have a food processor handy, even a blender will do if it’s all you have.
- add dry ingrediants first, then veggies and lime juice
- blend to desired consistency
- adjust spices to taste
- if you want it to get hotter, refrigerate before eating, otherwise – get out those chips!