While slowly driving up and down the aisles of the Wal-Mart parking lot while waiting for Jason to deposit our check in the Bank (which is inside the said Wal-Mart) I observed the following:
1) A teenage couple making out on the tail of a car. Really? Here? Sure it looks all Jackie and Diane I guess, but not at Wal-Mart. At Wal-Mart is looks all Britney and K-Fed.
2) A very short man strapping a very large case of Heineken to his very small Vespa. The song “Smooth Operator” popped into my head; I giggled.
3) The D.A.R.E. booth set up right outside the doors. I actually won an art contest for D.A.R.E in the fifth grade. I got a month of art classes in downtown Austin. I remember our D.A.R.E. officer’s name was Roach. We thought it was funny because she was named after a bug, but as adult a drug office with that last name is funny for other reasons.
4) Big butts. A lot of them. Okay I have a large-er derriere, but these were BIG butts. What is it about Wal-Mart that draws the big-butt population?
5) Seagulls in the parking lot. I saw this in the parking lot of the old Wal-Mart on Old Hickory Boulevard too (south Nashville – it’s closed now). How are there seagulls so far from, well, the sea?! I know seagulls are scavengers, and I guess they heard how trashy the Wal-Mart was, so they came all this way to partake of the goods. Ambitious!